Park Hours: Sunrise until Sunset
Splashpad Hours: 10am until 6pm
For pavilion or field availability, please call John Davis at (386) 775-5454 or 386-775-5444
Facility Info, Rental Fees and Forms
Veterans Memorial Park
Located at the corner of US Hwy 17-92 and East Blue Springs Avenue, this multi-purpose facility was constructed in 1991 and is comprised of approximately 2 acres. The park contains a quarter mile exercise trail constructed with 100% recycled material, various exercise stations, ADA compliant children’s playground equipment and a splash pad. Two pavilions with tables, water and electric are available. Picnic tables and park benches are placed throughout the park. Restrooms and cooking grills are on site.
Oak Ave. Park
Located in the heart of Orange City’s Historic District is a botanical oasis. Oak Avenue Park is a somewhat secret garden in our community. Next time you take a stroll down Oak Avenue make sure to look for this gorgeous passive park. Located on Oak Avenue, one block north from E Graves, Oak Avenue Park is a peaceful place to sit down, relax and take a break. Enjoy the ambiance of this gorgeous green space with several benches for seating and a water fountain, enhancing the tranquility of the park. Park hours are sunrise to sunset.
Waggin’ Trail Dog Park
The Waggin’ Trail Dog Park, located at 1201 South Leavitt Ave, is Orange City’s park for our four-legged friends. With two separate fenced areas, one for small dogs and the other for large dogs, pet owners can let their animals run and play at this great park.
Located at 200 E. Rose Ave, The Historic Cottage (circa 1900) previously owned by one of Orange City’s pioneer families – the Dickinson Family. The family donated the home to the local Homemakers Extension/4-H Club, who, in turn donated the structure to the City in 1994. Conference Area onsite can accommodate small groups or meetings that are educational in nature of less than ten in attendance.
Located at 200 E. Blue Springs Ave, Approximately 2.5 acre park. Facilities on site include one pavilion with numerous picnic tables, a basketball court and children’s playground. Large open grass area within secured fenced-in area. No public restrooms, grills, electric or water are available.
Located at 120 E Graves Avenue, leased to the City by the Village Improvement Association, this one acre park is adjacent to the Dickinson Memorial Library. A quiet setting provides users with tables for picnics or reading. Park benches are centered around the park’s gazebo and two water fountains. A drinking water fountain is available in the Graves Avenue median adjacent to the park. This facility is also used for various City and community events, including monthly Movie in the Park events. No public restrooms or grills are available.
Orange City Farmer’s Market at Dickinson Park
The Orange City Farmer’s Market is held every Friday, from 8am to 1pm, at Dickinson Park (120 E Graves Avenue). There is a wide selection of the fresh produce, live plants, fresh herbs, jams & jellies, baked goods, handcrafted items. If you are interested in becoming a vendor, please download the Vendor Application and contact Danielle Lung moc.y1490708632ticeg1490708632naror1490708632uo@gn1490708632uld1490708632 or call 386-775-5410
Mill Lake Park
Mill Lake Park, located at 207 E Blue Springs Ave, is one of Orange City’s newest parks. Thanks to an ECHO Grant, Orange City was able to develop this park. It features public restrooms, picnic pavilions, park benches, a water feature, lighting and an entry feature with beautiful landscaping—and this is just phase one of the park. Phase two is currently in the design stages. Upon completion of phase two, Mill Lake Park will have more picnic pavilions, park benches, and an overlook of the lake. What’s even more exciting? There will be multi-purpose path constructed for intense runs in the wee hours of the morning or just for a nice midday stroll.
Located at 220 N. Holly Avenue, Home of the Orange City Shuffleboard Club. There are 16 lighted shuffleboard courts and a clubhouse where members practice and compete in local and regional tournaments. In addition, social functions and card games are coordinated on a regular basis by the Club. No cooking is permitted on-site.
Located at 1511 West French Avenue, The east side was established in 1980 and is comprised of approximately 20 acres. Amenities include: Two picnic Pavilions; both with cooking grills, electric, water and picnic tables. Additional tables and grills placed sporadically under the canopy of trees. Sand volleyball pit. Multipurpose field with softball fence backstop on southern end and soccer goals on the northern end of field (this field is also used as special event field for numerous special events). Nature trail on north half of park. Public restrooms are located near the main entrance.
The west side is a 15 acre site that was established in 1973 and includes the following amenities: Picnic pavilion with brick cooking grills in center; electric, water and tables. Fenced playground area with swings and plenty of climbing equipment. Additional picnic tables are scattered throughout the tree-shaded area. Want to play ball in the late evening? No problem! Our tennis courts, minor and major league sized baseball fields, tee-ball field, softball field and basketball court are all lighted! There are even public restrooms available in two locations in the park.