Thank you to all of our sponsors!
WHAT IS THE MAYORS FITNESS CHALLENGE?
The Mayors Fitness Challenge is a 10-week self improvement competition to motivate you to lead a healthier lifestyle. Anyone who is 16 years old or older and lives or works in Orange City may participate in this challenge. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be awarded based on the greatest percentage of body weight lost. The individual who loses the greatest percentage of body weight will win $750!
2017 Orange City’s Fourth Annual Mayors Fitness Challenge
Cost: $25 per person (cash, checks made out to ‘City of Orange City’, credit*/debit* accepted at City Hall only *3.5% transaction fee added to cost.)
Registration: Accepted now through January 31, 2017
- In person: City of Orange City—City Hall, 205 East Graves Ave.
- Online: Visit www.OurOrangeCity.com to fill out the online form. You cannot pay online; therefore payment will be accepted at the kickoff event.
- By mail: Please turn in completed form and $25 check made out to City of Orange City to: ATTN: Chaleak Grier, City of Orange City, 205 East Graves Ave, Orange City, FL, 32763
- Kickoff event: January 31st, 2017 City Council Chambers – 201 N Holly Ave, 5:00 pm. Pay with cash or check.
Who Can Participate? Anyone who is 16 years of age and older (individuals under the age of 18 must have signed consent from their parent or guardian) AND either lives or works in Orange City.
Kickoff Event: January 31, 2017, 5:00pm – 6:30 pm. *Please wear comfortable work-out clothes to the kick-off to ensure accurate weight during the weigh-in.
What is included in the $25 registration fee?
- Beginning and ending biometric screenings provided by Florida Hospital Fish Memorial
- Boot camp 2x week Wednesdays at noon and Saturdays at 9 am, at Veterans Memorial Park provided by Latow’s Fitness and Nutrition
- Weekly health tips and recipes
- Wellness and weight management classes at Allstar Nutrition, Wellness & Fit Club.
- One free class a week at Darkwolf MMA
- Bi-weekly Zumba classes at Mill Lake Park
Cash prizes* (based on highest percentage of body weight lost)
- 1st place $750
- 2nd place $500
- 3rd place $250
*Participants are not eligible for a cash prize if they won a cash prize in the 2016 MFC.
Other prizes (must turn in weekly activity sheets to be eligible)
- Greatest # of steps
- Most consistent exerciser
Ending Biometric Screening: Tuesday, April 11th, 2017, at the Orange City Council Chambers (201 N Holly Ave) from 8 am to 5 pm.
In order to be eligible for any cash prize, contestants must complete the beginning and ending biometric screening.
If you have any other questions, please contact Chaleak Grier at 386-775-5410.